Monday, August 17, 2009

Back at home

in KC.

It feels good to be back although I do miss all my friends in Dallas. It's a much slower pace here, which is very welcome but at the same time a little boring. :) I have made up for it by getting new shelves for my kitchen, and re-organizing the kitchen . I also got a new microwave! It's very nice, stainless steel, and was only $49. Whenever I find a deal like that, I somehow feel validated that I'm "beating the system". Haha.

I have gotten caught up on TV and sleep in the past few days, but have yet to unpack my bags from my trip. I always lag in doing this; I think because it forces me to accept that my vacation is over. I will have to do that today (or tomorrow) because eventually I'll have to do laundry!

I've also been getting caught up with blogs of my friends, which are always nice to read! I recently read Kristin's blog, and was sad that I missed my hometown fair this year. I LOVED doing that when I was a kid, and it's SUCH a great fair. I've been to many, all over the nation, but this one is very special. It's not too big, but quite big enough to attract mainstream headliners for the entertainment.

At the moment, they are testing the fire alarms in our building. It makes me want to scream, but at least I know that they work in case of a fire!

To do today? Unpacking my suitcase. Doing at least one load of laundry. Putting up the shelf in the bathroom. Finalizing the CD I made for my Mom's birthday. Working out.

I think that's enough. :)

No comments: